Sunday, June 30, 2013

Well, I Guess I Should Tell You...

But maybe I won't =] You'll just have to wait and find out what I may or may not tell you =]]]]]]]

I love secrets!

So this week has been really great! It's been a week of adjustment and learning and growing and finding and fun!

My new companion, Sister Horton, is so wonderful! I love her! She is such a hard worker and she is trying so hard to learn everything she needs to know. Especially because she'll be senior companion in a few weeks. We've been doing lots of training and working on her Chinese. She's never had Chinese before and so for only being in the MTC for 2 months and being in Taiwan for a week, her Chinese is really coming along. I've already seen so much improvement in 10 days! She is so great! We've been working a lot on contacting on the road and as well as teaching. Teaching skills are so important! Of course the language is really important too, and you need to be proficient at it in order to teach, but you also need skills to teach, so we've been working on that as well!

We've had some great lessons this week and have been working on finding new investigators! We did find some last week, so this week we are going to work on finding more and getting the ones we have to progress. We also met with our miracle mom and daughter that we found while looking for less-actives. They are so great! The mom really wants to be baptized, but we are worried that her husband might not agree. She also lives really far away and can't ride a scooter for that long with 4 kids. So we are working to get members to help her come to church. She is also worried about bringing her two youngest (3 year old twin boys) to church because she thinks she might go crazy =] But church is so important so we are hoping we can help them to church this coming Sunday so they can get baptized on my last Saturday, August 3rd! We can do it!

We also have a new mission president in our mission, President Blickenstaff! President Bishop left on Saturday. It is weird, since Pres. Blickenstaff will only be my mission president for a month, but I'm excited and I hope I can get to know him just a little before I leave!

We've been having some great lessons with less-active members which has been really great. We have some really awesome less-actives who we just need to help them remember their testimonies and the feelings they get from church to help them get to church! I hope we can help a few of them come back this month!

Not much else is going on! Just lots of training and practicing and preparing my companion to be senior companion! (Not for reals, her new companion will be the senior companion and her trainer, but she knows the area...or she will =] ) It's been fun and I'm trying not to stress my dear companion out. Our birthday's are right next to each other (mine is August 1 {hint hint} and her's isAugust 6), so we are looking forward to birthday week! Though I'm going to need to spoil her good to make up for the fact that I leave to come home on her birthday!!! Oh man, I'm such a lousy trainer! Who would go home on their trainee's birthday!? Only me =] 

Well, I hope you are all doing well! I am loving every last moment of my mission and doing my best to stay focused on the work of the Lord!! Thank you all for your love and support over these last 16 months! I love each and every one of you and am so grateful the Lord has put you in my life!!

So since I'm coming home on August 6th, that means all letters/packages/whatnot, will need to be sent from the US no later than July 17th to be safe. (This is not a call for letters or birthday packages, please don't think I am soliciting packages. But if you had already planned on sending me a letter or something, I just don't want it to get here after I leave =] )

Oh, did you all just catch that? That is my surprise!

I'm coming home on August 6th! I've known this for a long time, but we were going to keep it a secret so I could just show up at my family reunion, but I just decided I can't hold it in any longer =] 

Horray! Love you all!!! 

SEE YOU SOON!

Sister Horton and I

No comments:

Post a Comment