Sunday, June 30, 2013

Really, It's Not Happening

Really, I'm still not counting =] Well, maybe I am, but I'm not advertising it =]

We had a good week here in Taiwan! We'll start with last Monday!

Last Monday we went with the other ZhangHua sisters to LuGang, a town in our area. It was SO MUCH FUN! We went tourist shopping, took lots of pictures, ate yummy food and saw lots of old buildings! It was so much fun that we are going back next Monday! We were going to go today but its raining and we are really tired =] So next Monday it is! 

Tuesday we had zone training meeting. I love getting together with our whole zone. Its so fun! We have a fantastic zone with fantastic zone leaders who really care about us and our investigators, and really want to help us do our best! We talked about how to extend baptismal goals in a comfortable, non-threatening way, and it was a really good training!

Wednesday we had a bonus zone conference! Our mission president and his wife go home at the end of the month, so this was the last meeting that we had with them. It was so fun to hear all the reflections of the elders and sisters who are going home. We have SO MANY leaving at the end of this move-call. It will be sad to see a lot of my mission friends leaving. Most of the elders I've served around all leave this move-call or next. It will be weird. It was also so great to get to see our mission president and his wife one last time. They performed a great song about Taiwan to the tune of "This land is my land" and we all thoroughly loved it. And then of course it was so great to hear his testimony and to feel of his love for Taiwan and the people here, as well as his love for us and the work. He has been a wonderful mission president, and I have learned so much from him. 

Thursday we went back to LuGang, but this time for proselyting =] Sadly, most of our lessons cancelled, but we still had a few great lessons, and we got one new investigator!

Friday we went on exchanges! I got to stay in my area and a brand new sister came with me. She's been out 1 month and is a rockstar! Funny story about her. She has long, beautiful blond hair. When she was getting ready to come on her mission, she was talking with her mom about how she didn't know how she could wear her hair in a bun on the top of her head and wear a helmet. Her mom said, well, you just need to have a hole in your helmet for your hair. So they went and bought a skater helmet, cut a hole in the top, and now she can wear her hair in a bun on the top of her head and wear her helmet, and her hair just sticks right out =] It is a great conversation starter!

Saturday we went and visited our new investigators, Liao JM and Zhen DX. They are boyfriend/girlfriend, and are really great! They both accepted baptismal goals for July 13th!!!! We are so excited!! They both currently work on Sunday, but I know that as we teach them the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy, and as their testimonies grow, they will be willing to keep it. They were both excited to read the Book of Mormon this week, so we are super excited for them!!!

And then Sunday, the best day this week!!! So many great things happened!! 3 of our recent converts came to church, which was more than we've had come to church in a while! We had two less-actives at church, who came for 3 hours! One has been up in Taibei for the last 6 weeks, so we haven't seen her since then. I was sitting in the chapel, waiting for church to start when I see her 10 year old son in front of me. I was like, what are you doing here, and then it clicked that if he was here, so was his mom!! I turned around and there she was! I was so excited to see her!! She has made so much progress in the 4+ months that missionaries have been helping her come back. Sadly she told us she is moving up to Taibei permanently on Thursday, but we are going to get her in touch with the missionaries up there so that they can keep helping her progress. But the greatest thing that happened is that my recent convert, Liu JM, came to visit me from GaoXiong! Well, she went up to Taibei on Saturday to go to the temple to do baptisms for the first time, and then on her way home on Sunday she stopped in ZhangHua to visit me. I love her so much! It was so fun to catch up with her and to see the progress she has made in the gospel. She is going to go on a short term mission for a week in July and I am so excited for her! She is hoping this will help her decide if she wants to go on a full-time mission! Recent converts are just the best!!

So that is about it for our week! It's been good! We are still working hard to find new, solid investigators who want to be baptized. We haven't found them yet, but we know we can find them!

I hope you are all having a great week! I love you all and am so grateful for your love and support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment