Monday, March 25, 2013

Week 54: Lots Of...

Hello Everyone!
Where is the time going!! It is going by too fast!! I can't believe March is almost over!

We've had a good week here in Zhang Hua! Lots of bike riding and talking to people and visiting less-actives. Our investigators are doing well which is so great! Our mom, Wang JM and her son are doing so well! They love what they are learning. Sadly they weren't able to come to church last week, but hopefully next week! We will go visit them tonight. Our other investigator, Liao JM is also doing great! She came to church yesterday and we have her baptismal interview set up all ready to go for this week! So exciting!

Last week we had a fantastic training meeting on teaching people, not lessons, and how to have the spirit in the first visit with a new investigator, and how to get to know them and help them have a desire to meet with us again. We learned a lot and I hope that we can implement what we learned into our lessons!

We used what we learned on Thursday when we were driving down the road and saw these two kids playing outside. We had seen them last week, so since were weren't in a hurry anywhere, we stopped to talk to them. Their mom came out and we asked to come in and share with them a little about us. She wasn't too thrilled but let us come in, while saying she only had 10 minutes. Well, 30 minutes later we were all laughing and we had gotten to know them and they knew us. The mom has 5 kids, 4 of whom we met. She is super cool. We plan to go back and visit them this week. 

We spent a lot of time tracting and calling phones on Friday. We met a young woman who had just gotten home from work. She was really cool and we are hoping we can go visit her again this week! She is starting a new job soon, so she's going to start being really busy, but we hope we can spark an interest in her before so she'll be willing to still meet with us!

New missionaries are coming this Wednesday! So crazy! We had a short transfer this time because we needed to realign our transfer dates. So we'll see what happens with this next move-call. I'm pretty sure I won't be going anywhere, since I just moved here, but you never know!

I am loving my time here in Taiwan! It is such a wonderful experience to be able to serve a mission for the Lord! My testimony is reenforced everyday as I share what I know with those around me. I love my Savior and all that He has done for us! I love that I get to share with others everyday that we have a Savior! It is such a wonderful knowledge and I'm grateful I have this gospel in my life!

Thank you all for your love and support! I feel it daily! I hope you are all doing well!

Pictures:
#1: The view out one of our windows. Though that isn't actually our area (maybe a small part of it is)


#2: The kids I teach at English class


#3: This is what my area looks like. Yup. Those are rice fields. And that is mostly all I look at all day =]

No comments:

Post a Comment