Monday, July 29, 2013

The Last One

Wow. Where has 18 months gone?!

This, is my last email to you all as a missionary. 

So what do I want to say? 

We'll start with our week. It was pretty decent. Our investigators aren't answering their phones or meeting with us, so we are going to work really hard this week to get them to meet with us!!! Last week we had Zone Conference on Wednesday and it was so great! I am sad I am leaving this mission right as we have a new mission president! He has a lot of great new ideas for the mission and how to help the work move along. A lot of it is what I have tried to do my whole mission, but now he is going to put a focus on it, so I'm sad I'm leaving now. I also got to introduce my dear new companion, and give my reflection, much like my own trainer did at my first zone conference last year. This whole week has been a week of de ja vu, as I am doing several things with my trainee, just as my trainer did with me as she was preparing to go home last year. It's all just so weird!

I'm sorry last week wasn't all that exciting. But I guess that for my last email, I just kind of want to reflect with you all on these last 18 months. 

These last 18 months have been so incredible! I am learned so much and I'd like to think I am coming home a much better person. My testimony of the Savior and His work and His Atonement for us has grown so much. I know who I am, and I know why I'm here. I know my role in Heavenly Father's plan, and I am so excited to be a part of this great work! I know that Heavenly Father loves us, and that is why He has given us all the blessings He has! I know the Book of Mormon is true, and I love reading it with all my heart! I can't wait to come home and study it even more, and really get to study the Bible along with it, and see how they are interconnected and how they both really are a record of Jesus Christ and how they help us learn so much more about him. I am so grateful Heavenly Father has given me the blessing of being a missionary and helping His children to come unto Christ. I feel like I have done my best, and I pray that Heavenly Father is pleased with my efforts. I may not have baptized a million people, but my commitment to find, teach, baptize and confirm people was what I focused on, and I made sure to focus on the one. I didn't want to let someone slip past me, and I really tried to do my best. I am so grateful for the chance that I had to study and become a master teacher. I may not have achieved the goal of becoming a master teacher, but I know I learned so much about how to teach, and I am so excited to come home and share my talents wherever they may be needed. I am grateful for the chance I had to learn more of Christ, and more importantly, learn how to emulate His example and become like He is, especially because He is the most perfect example. 

I know that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, is Christ's true church upon the earth. I know that we have a living prophet, and that having a living prophet is crucial in knowing what we need to do to return to live with our Father in Heaven. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us so much and that they want us to return to live with them, complete with our families, one day. I may not be a full-time missionary after next week, but I will never stop being a member missionary. I have learned on my mission how important it is to be a member missionary! We all have family members, friends, neighbors, coworkers, classmates, and others who have not yet had the opportunity to learn about Christ and His true church that is restored upon the earth. I never want to stop helping people come unto Christ!

To all of you out there, please do me one favor. Do all you can to help those around you come unto Christ! We have a special gift that has been given to us: the gift of the knowledge of the Restored Gospel. Share it! It is so precious! Heavenly Father gave what was most precious to Him, His only Begotten Son, to us, so that we might return to live with him! Give to those you love what is most precious to you, your testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ! It is what will help them return to our Father in Heaven! 

If you haven't yet had the opportunity to learn about Christ, or if your testimony is a little rusty, I'll be home soon. Call me, I'd love to help you, and then, if you haven't been baptized, I'll introduce you to the missionaries =] They can help!!

I love you all and am so grateful that I have had such an incredible support system while I've been on my mission. I know that not every missionary is as blessed to have such wonderful family and friends at home, and that makes me so much more grateful for all of you! I hope each and every one of you knows how much you mean to me, and how much you have shaped and influenced my life and my mission. 

I can't wait to see you all soon! Some I'll get to see sooner rather then later, but I hope to see all of you as soon as possible!!

I love you all, and remember: You are all sons and daughters of God! He lives and He loves you!

-Sis. Busath (for the last time)

No comments:

Post a Comment