Sunday, July 21, 2013

It's Coming!

Time! It's coming! Too fast!!

This week has gone by so incredibly fast, abeit it being a slow teaching week. 

We started the week off with no investigators, and we ended it with 2, but we have 9 new people set up for this week!! We are so excited!!! I have accepted the fact that I will not be baptizing anyone in this area, or with my trainee, but I do not want to leave this area with no investigators for her and her next trainer. So we are both working really, really hard to find people to teach and give baptismal goals to, so that when I leave and her next companion comes, they will have a million baptisms all lined up!!!!

We did find this incredibly great family! This week we have been calling through former investigators, and we found this mom who was willing to let us come by. We went to visit her last night, and their family is so great!! There are 3 kids and two parents. Their oldest daughter is 9 and she is full of so many great questions! She just wanted to know everything, it was so cool!! I am so excited! And they are coming to English on Wednesday!!!

Last Monday my companion and I went to a place called Ba Gua Shan (Eight -something- mountain, I don't know what Gua means). It was fun! We can see it from our apartment. It has a big Budda on top. So we walked our bikes to the top (because the road was WAY too steep to bike) and took some pictures and such and then went home! So fun! Today we are staying home, writing letters, sleeping and eating and...PACKING. I'm getting a head start. I'm trying to go home with only one suitcase and my carry on, so I need to start getting rid of stuff =]]]] Next week we are going to TaiZhong so I can go out to lunch with one of my recent converts (who came to see me yesterday! I love her!) and then my last preparation day we will go to LuGang for the last time! I can't believe I only have 2 more preparation days!

OH! I can't believe I forgot this! We had a typhoon!!!! Everyone was saying how big it was going to be, but I didn't believe them because they always say it will be big, but it never is (or it just never comes). Well, it definitely didn't come on Friday like everyone said, though it was super windy. But sure enough, it came in the middle of the night and lasted till about 2:30 PM on Saturday. Thankfully we have studies/lunch till 12:30 (because my companion is being trained) but then we had to go out. So we visited a few people then went to the church to practice calling people. Then Saturday night our ward had an "Easy Show" aka Talent Show. And it was SO GOOD!!! Oh man, I haven't had so much fun or laughed so much in a long time!!! It was great. 

Last Thursday we also had a less-active sister come to the church to do family history!!! We have been trying and trying to get her to come to church, but she didn't want to. But then she came to do family history! We are so excited and can't wait to get her reactivated through family history. I have come to love family history so much on my mission! I can't wait to go home and do it!!!!

Well, that is about it! I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Thank you for all your love and support!!!

Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment