Thursday, August 30, 2012

Week 23


This week, I hit my 5 month as a missionary birthday and my 3 month in Taiwan birthday! I only have one year left in Taiwan! So crazy that I've already been here for 3 months. I know this year is just going to fly by!
 
This week was also my first full week with my new companion! Sis. Wilson is so great! I really love her! We worked hard this week and we spent a lot of time getting to know each other, which has been a lot of fun. We've also spent the week meeting with recent converts and members so Sis. Wilson can get to know people at church. She is a little rockstar! She just jumped right into it all and took off! I was so grateful to her for that! It took a little of the pressure of being the only one who knew the area off of me =]
 
This week Sis. Wilson and I spent a lot of time on finding - tracting, street contacting, McDonalds and 7-11 sit downs, talking to everyone at lights, etc - in hopes that we would find new investigators. While we did not find any new investigators for ourselves, we gave the Elders 5 referrals and a less active through all those finding efforts. We joked with the Elders that, this week we found them all their new investigators, and next week is their turn to find us all our new investigators =] We know that in the Lord's time, we will find or will be put in the right place to find our new investigators. This is the Lord's work and His timing, and there is no doubt in my mind that as we continue to be obedient and diligent, the Lord will bless us.
 
A fun story for the week! About two weeks ago, one of the elders in our area called and said he had a referral for us. It was a lady who already had a Book of Mormon and had already finished reading it!  Sweet! So we called and set up with her for this past week. She wanted us to come to her work and visit her class for a minute and say hi to them in English and then she wanted to treat us out to lunch and talk about the Book of Mormon. So, come the day of, it was me and Sis. Wilson. I had the name of the street but had no idea where it was, and since I didn't have the characters, I couldn't look it up on the map. So I asked the gaurd at our apartment, and geng hao (...like...fortunately?) the street was just one street over from where we lived. Cool! Then we needed to find the "Taizhong Kong Miao"...I had no idea what that was. I was assuming it was a school though. So we rode to the schools I knew were on that road, but none of them were it. Then some kids were like, its the Confucious temple...oh no. So sure enough, it was. We aren't supposed to preach in or near houses of worship, but, we didn't know what to do. So we went in and found this lady and her class. We sat for 30 mintues and finally she introduced us. It was a Confucious class that we were sitting in, and she was like, will you tell the class what the Book of Mormon is?...uh, ok....It was fun =] She treated us out to lunch after and we had a good discussion about the Book of Mormon and she wants to keep meeting with us. Ok! But we told her we couldn't come to the temple anymore.
 
Update on our investigators! We have two, the mom of one of our recent converts and a 13 year old girl. We'll start with the mom! We met with her twice this week and she is really progressing! She came to church this week too, even after she said she didn't think she'd be able to! She is keeping commitments, reading and praying every day, its all so great! I've seen a great change in her since I first met her (even before she was officially meeting with us) and its been really neat to see. She has a baptismal goal of September 1 and we are very confident she will hit it! Then we have our 13 year old investigator. She is so great too. She comes to my English class every Wednesday. She loves reading and praying, but her mom is busy on Sunday and isn't able to bring her to church. So we want to start meeting with her mom too so we can give her a baptismal goal and hopefully work something out so she can come to church =]
 
Not much else exciting happened this last week. It really was just a week of finding and meeting people, which are all super important things, since nothing happens in missionary work until you find people to teach =] I got a new desk and Sis. Wilson got a new chair this week and we got two new bookshelves, and we are anticipating getting two new wardrobes as well soon! We have a bedroom in our house that had two old, broken wardrobes in them, and I told Sis. Lee before she left that these needed to be gone, but that never happened. So last night, Sis. Wilson and I put together the two new bookshelves and put all of our proselyting materials on our old bookshelves (which are still super nice, we just needed more) and were kind of reorganizing the house. But, we had these two old wardrobes, an old bookshelf and an old desk and chair that all needed to get from our apartment down to the courtyard recycling area. So, we called our zone leaders this morning and they helped take it all down for us (though since they aren't allowed to come into our apartment, we had to take it all to the doorway and they took it all from there =] ). Our apartment is so much cleaner now with everything all gone! We are all organized and clean and I love it!!
 
Thats really about it for this week! Our mission president's invitation for this week is to be 100% obedient. Sis. Wilson and I are going to strive to be 100% obedient, and we know that as we do, the Lord will bless us this week with miracles and we will find new investigators this week! We are excited for the blessings that come when we are 100% obedient (not that we aren't right now, but we are just going to make an even greater effort to be =] )
 
Sorry I don't have any pictures for this past week. We can only take them on Monday and we didn't do anything last Monday and haven't done anything yet today either. Hopefully next week =]
 
Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment