Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Week 6 in the MTC


Where is the time going!!! In 3 weeks from Thursday I'll be leaving for Taiwan! This week (6) has absolutely flown by!

My Chinese is getting so much better and I'm just amazed! I spoke only Chinese on Friday (well, up until about dinner...) and it was just amazing how much I was able to say! Our lessons have been going great, and I definitely feel the Lord's help every day in learning the language! I've also started working a bit on characters (recognizing more so than writing) and I love doing that too!

So I mentioned last week that we had a fire alarm go off. Turns out it was a heat detector that malfunctioned, causing the alarm to go off, but all was resolved. Later that day, the MTC had us watch an earthquake preparedness video, which really got us all freaked out. We found out later that night that it was a State-wide mandated video watching =] But! I still encourage all of you to check your 3-day supply of food and water and make sure you have a first aid kit and flashlights handy! So important to be prepared!

Big news!!! Our second "Investigator" Zhang1 Jie3 Mei4 is getting baptized! We were struggling with how to help her understand how the gospel can bless her life now, and so we read "The Family: A proclamation to the world" and that seemed to really hit with her. She loved it! She actually said her favorite part was about how husbands should preside over the family and take care of their family. Her husband works a lot and she understands how important it is to have him involved in their family, so our next goal is to get her husband to meet with us. We gave her a Book of Mormon to give to her husband, so we'll see how that went. She is getting "baptized" on May 5. And Wei4 Di4 Xiong1 is getting baptized this Saturday! He also brought a friend with him two meetings ago (last Friday) and so we taught his friend then, and again yesterday (Monday), but he is "going" to Shanghai today, so we won't be able to meet with him again. But we were just so excited! Having his friend there gave Wei4 Di4 Xiong1 the opportunity to share his testimony and allowed us to see how his testimony has been growing! Such an amazing thing!

We started on a new schedule yesterday. They are going to be tearing down one building, and they just completed a new one, so every missionaries schedule changed. Its ok, not too bad. We don't go to the temple in the morning anymore, we go in the afternoon, which I guess is ok, but I really liked going early morning. It was nice to start preparation day off by going to the temple =]

We were called to the travel office yesterday to sign our visa applications...which means they haven't got our visas yet...which worries me, since we are leaving in 3 weeks!!! I hope they are able to get them on time! We also have 25 new missionaries coming tomorrow! 8 sisters and 17 elders! We are so excited!!!!! We also have an ADL (advanced Chinese) sister who will be joining our branch this week or next, and departing with us (she is also going to Taizhong!) so chances are, our trio companionship will be split up, and my branch president said, chances are, he will put her with me, which will be just fine =] I've met her and talked with her, and I really like her, and I think we'd get along great! So we'll see! I'll let you know next week for sure!

I also have two friends here in the MTC right now! Sister Evans is going to Detroit, Michigan. She and I were in the same freshman ward (she will be leaving the MTC next week) and Sister Carter, who was in my ward last year and lived across the hall from me =] She is going to Bangkok, Thailand. We have the same schedule and our classrooms are on the same floor so I see her often. It is so fun having people I know in the MTC!

We had Sis. Ann M Dibb, 2nd Counselor in the YW General Presidency (and President Monson's daughter!) speak to us in Relief Society this week! She is so amazing and I loved everything she had to say! She brought a lot of counsel from the prophet for us, and I loved receiving that!

Last Tuesday, we had Elder Larry Gibbons of the Seventy come and speak to us! He talked a lot about the importance of involving members in the work and how important it is!! SO! Here is my invitation/challange to all of you: I invite you all to have the missionaries over, and invite a non-member friend or family member over as well, and facilitate a meeting between your friend/family member and the missionaries. I know how important it is to refer our friends and family to the missionaries and how important it is to be a member missionary! I hope you will all accept the invitation and have the missionaries and a non-member friend or family member over as well. I know your family will be blessed for your missionary efforts! If you aren't a member of the church, I invite you to go towww.mormon.org and find out a little bit more about why I am serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know this is the only church on Earth that has the fulness of Christ's Gospel. I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and wants us to be happy. I know that we can live with our families forever. If you didn't know that you can live with our families forever, I encourage you to go to www.mormon.org and find out about why we believe we can be with our families forever!

I love you all and I am so grateful to be a missionary for the Lord! I am learning and growing so much and I can't wait to get to Taiwan and share everything that I have to share with the people there! They are my brothers and sisters, and I want them to be able to know what I know.

Thank you all for your letters! They mean so much to me! Thank you for the love, support and prayers. I feel them all the time and I know they bouy me up!

Love you all!
-Sister Busath

MTC Box #107
TAIW-TCG 0517
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604

Write me =]

No comments:

Post a Comment