Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Week 5 in the MTC


Wowza! I have been in the MTC for 5 weeks already!!! And today is my 1 month till Taiwan birthday! I am so excited!!!
Exciting things from the week are as follows:
1) Our investigator, Wei4 Di4 Xiong1 has said he will get baptized!!! He is a little worried he won't be prepared for his April 28th baptism, but he is willing to do all he can to prepare! We have been teaching him the commandments, and he has been willing to accept them all! He thinks its a little weird to not drink tea, but since we extended him the committment, he hasn't had any tea! So wonderful!!! We are so excited for him! (for anyone who is a little confused, he isn't a "real" investigator, it is our teacher role playing as an investigator, but we strive to make everything as real as possible). I can't wait to get to Taiwan and have real investigators say they will be baptized!!!
Our other investigator Zhang1 Jie3 Mei4 isn't progressing as well. We are struggling a little to help her understand why the gospel is relevent in her life today, and not in the next life, but we hope we can have her committed to baptism by next week!
2) On Sunday, for our fireside, Elder M. Russell Ballard came! This was the third apostle we've had since I've been here (Elder Oaks and Elder Packer have also come). It was so great! I loved it! Also at that fireside, Elder David Archuleta sang! I was hoping he would sing before he left. He sang the Spirit of God and it was so beautiful! He sang a verse in Spanish (he is going to the Chile Renagua Mission) and he totally teared up at the end of that verse, and even more so at the end of the song, but it was so beautiful and I'm grateful he shared his talents with us while he was here. He left yesterday (Monday) for his mission to Chile. For the closing song of the devotional we all sang a really neat version of Called to Serve. Oh boy was that powerful! They likened us to the Strippling Warriors and it was just so neat!!!
3) We are getting 6 new missionaries tomorrow! They are ADL missionaries (advanced something language) and they already are fluent in Chinese. Not native, just fluent. They've been in the MTC (we think) for 3 weeks already doing Englishl and then will be with us (we think) for 3 weeks doing Chinese, then off to their missions! Then next Wednesday we get a huge group of new missionaries!!! I've also met several sisters and an elder recently who are going to Taiwan Taichung that aren't coming in till July, so that is fun!
4) My companions and I and one other sister from our district sang in church on Sunday. We sang Love at Home. It was pretty good, seeing as we didn't really practice much =]
5) The best: We were rudely woken up this morning at 1:30 AM to a lovely fire alarm. We all bolted out of bed and were like, that's not someone's alarm...thats a fire alarm! I grabbed my shoes, a jacket, my watch, name tag and ID badge and my coordinating sisters binder because it had evacuation procedures in it. We all got out, and were waiting in front of the gym and a security guard asked us all if we knew what happened. We said no (which means it wasn't a drill) and then he asked if we saw smoke or fire, which we also responded no. He let us in the gym (which is thankfully right across from our residence) and were there about 10 minutes when they let us back in. So, no fire, just had to wake up at 1:30 am =]
Well, I know this is a bit of a short letter, but I didn't take very good notes this week about what to share, and I can't think of anything else to share. I'll end with a little spiritual note, since I forgot last week. This week I've been reading the first 4 or so chapters in Mosiah, which is King Benjamin's address to his people. I had never really studied it before, and I am just so engrossed in it!! I love it! The words he speaks to the people, telling them about repentance and about coming to Christ, and about the coming of Christ, I just love it all! I would encourage you all to read it! Also, Alma 32 was another section I read this week. This one is all about faith. I was really reminded that having faith isn't having a perfect knowledge of things, for if it was, then we wouldn't need to have faith in anything. It also helped me to remember that it is so important to have faith, for without it, we won't have much of a testimony, and it is so important to have a testimony. So many things that we believe, we believe because of faith. So I also encourage and invite you all to read Alma 32 and see how you can work on increasing your faith.
Thank you all for your love, support, prayers and letters!!! I love each and everyone of them, and am always so grateful that you take time out of your busy days to write me. You don't know how much that means to me!!
Love you all and have a great week!!
-Sis. Busath
MTC Box 107
TAIW-TCG 0517
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84003
Write me! I'd love it =]

No comments:

Post a Comment