Thursday, April 12, 2012

Week 4 in the MTC

DaJiaHao!!!
Wow! Am I really done with week 4?! We have been here for almost 1 month, and have 1 month left to go!!
 
This past week has been a great week! Lots of great times!
 
1) Chinese: Well, it's finally gotten hard. I definitely am not moving through it as fast as I was when I first got here, so that just means I need to work harder, since I still have so much to learn! I bore my testimony in Sacrament meeting last week, in Chinese! It was great =] We have taught the first three lessons in Chinese now, though we break them up so we don't all have to learn all the vocab right away, so I don't know quite all the vocab, but as far as teaching a lesson goes, I can get through any lesson, minus using correct grammar =]
 
2) Our mu dao you men (investigators!): We are teaching two "investigators", Wei4 Di4 Xiong1 and Zhang1 Jie3 Mei4. Both are progressing really well! We invited both to be baptized last week, and while neither said yes, they didn't say no either. We will be asking Wei4 Di4 Xiong1 again tomorrow, and we have high hopes that he will say yes. He is really progressing well! Zhang1 Jie3 Mei4 came to church with her boys again last Sunday and she enjoyed it and her boys are beginning to make friends! She is definitely getting closer to being baptized as well. It is such a neat experience to be teaching investigators, even if they are just our teachers, but for me, I really take the experience seriously and don't look at them as my teachers, but as real investigators. I can't wait to get to Taiwan and to begin teaching investigators!
 
3) 8 hours of sleep is so not enough: We are to be in bed at 10:30 and wake up at 6:30. We don't do so bad at this, which is great. The week before conference we were up at 6 because of Choir, so it's nice to be sleeping in till 6:30 again, though this is by far not enough sleep! I wonder how I'll feel when I get to Taiwan and I'm biking all day and teaching lessons all day, and not just sitting in a classroom all day =] It will be crazy! Though, I know the Lord will bless me with the energy that I need =] For this is His work, not mine, and I know He won't let me fail.
 
4) Chinese Sisters on our residence floor: We have two Chinese and two Taiwanese sisters on our residence floor and we love to talk with them! One in particular comes over often and we just talk and talk. She is serving her mission English speaking, so often she will speak English and we will speak Chinese back to her. She is a convert of two years, and so she told us her conversion story, and it was so great to listen to it in Chinese and to be able to understand her!!! That was so awesome!
 
5) Easter: Easter was a fast Sunday for us. Normally on Fast Sunday, we have a Mission Conference Sacrament Meeting at 10 AM, but because of Easter, we had it at 9 AM and we had President Packer and his son Elder Packer come and speak to us, as well as Elder David Evans of the 70, though he didn't speak to us. The choir sang "Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer" and it was a really cool rendition of it. Pres. Packer talked about the Savior and about His resurrection. One of my favorite things he said was that we are given trials to make us stronger. I whole-heartedly believe that! We can all come out of our trials stronger than we went into them! The rest of Easter we had a lot of study time, since we didn't have lunch. Then we had a district meeting, which I've equivated to Sunday School, as we have a lesson, then we had just a branch sisters meeting with our Branch President and his wife (where they told us that we shouldn't flirt with the elders...good thing we don't =] ). Then we went on the temple walk!
 
6) Temple Walk: It was a stunningly gorgeous Easter Day! We were so excited for the temple walk! This was only our second one, and conference weekend, it was cold and rainy, so this was super exciting! There were so many families out at the temple! Made me miss everyone. BUT! We were about 15 minutes away from leaving, and I had just been hoping to see someone I knew, and lo and behold, I saw a family that I lived in China with, The Gouffs! Sis. Gouff and her kids had come to the temple to get some Easter pictures! I was so excited to see them! Their son is in 2nd grade and in a Chinese immersion program, so my companions and I talked in Chinese with him a bit, and that was so much fun! I was so grateful to be able to see them =]
 
7) TRC: The TRC is the Training Resource Center. Members of the community, both LDS members and non-LDS members can come and volunteer to be taught a message. We go in and teach them, in Chinese! We were a bit nervous, not knowing who the person was, or what their background was, but knowing we needed to share a message with them. It really makes you rely on the Spirit to teach, which I've learned is so important! We had a great first experience with the TRC and I can't wait to do it again next Saturday!
 
Well, I think thats about it! I can't think of much else!
 
Oh! To answer a friend's question: I am in the MTC for 9 weeks. Normally it's 12 (unless you are fluent, or pretty close, then it's 6) but I'm part of a new pilot program, and will only be here 9! I leave May 17th!
 
Thank you all so much for your love and support! I truly appreciate each and every letter and Dear Elder! You all are so wonderful, and I am so blessed to have such amazing and wonderful family and friends!
 
I love you all!!!
 
-Sister Busath
 
MTC Box #107
TAIW-TCG 0517
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT, 84604
 
OR
 
you can Dear Elder me!
www.dearelder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment