Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 46: 1 Year Anniversary

Hello everyone!

So the big news of the week is...I'm not moving!! I am so happy to be here for another move-call! I love this area and am so grateful to be able to be here a while longer (especially to be here for Chinese New Year!!!)

The other awesome exciting news is our investigator, Lin JM, got baptized on Saturday!!! Because of her desire for her parents to attend, she wasn't baptized in our area, but back at her home area, and because it was a bit far, we weren't able to attend. But we saw her on Sunday night and we reinacted the baptism (well, the pictures part) and we dressed her up in white clothing so we could have pictures with her. It was so fun =] We had a few other recent converts come and we ate dinner together and then went to Family Home Evening. I love this area and am so grateful Lin JM finally decided to be baptized!!!

This week we also were blessed with another fantastic new investigator, Wang JM! She met the missionaries in Taibei 2 years ago, and the sisters there recently called her and then referred her to us when they found out she had moved to our area. She is so wonderful! She is looking for something better in her life and we know she will find it through the gospel. She has a February 23rd baptismal goal, and I know she will hit it! She is so anxious to read the scriptures which is also so awesome! 

There wasn't much else that happened this week. It is almost Chinese New Year and people are starting to be really busy, so our investigators don't really want to meet with us, which is super hard. But, we will keep up the faith, keep praying and being diligent, and all will be ok. 

This coming week we are going to have a young woman proselyting with us. She is 16 and is from Tainan, and will be with us from tomorrow (Tuesday) till next Monday. I'm nervous about having 2 people to take around, but I'm sure it will be great and we'll see lots of miracles from it! Yay! 

Also, tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary of my car accident (if you didn't know I was in a car accident, read my blog; its all there). I can't believe its already been a year! It feels like just yesterday that it happened! That also means that I am only 6 weeks away from my 1 year mark as a missionary! Also crazy! 

Sorry this email is short. There really wasn't too much that happened this week. I love you all and am so grateful for your love and support! I love being a missionary and I love serving the Taiwanese people! They are so incredible and have such a strong desire to learn about our Savior Jesus Christ!

Have a wonderful week!

Pictures: 
337: Lin JM's "baptism" - Liu JM (my companion), Wu JM (recent convert), Lin JM (just got baptized), Liu JM (my other recent convert, baptized in November), Me!

314: My companion, Liu JM, my recent convert Liu JM, me. We went to an art exhibit last Monday. It was super fun!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment