Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Week 44: Senior Companion

Where is time going! Actually, since becoming senior companion, it has slowed down quite a bit...I'm not sure why. But hopefully once I adjust to being senior companion, it will pick up a bit. I don't want it to fly by, but I like feeling like I accomplished a lot in a day because it went by so fast =]

We had a good, abeit crazy week. We had two exchanges this week, plus my companion was sick one day, so it was just an interesting week =] But good none the less!

Last Monday we went to the beach! We started off going to the place my previous companion and I went, but there is no sand there, so our area has a little bit of this island, so we took a ferry and went to the island and to the sandy beach there! It was so much fun! And it was actually warm, so we didn't freeze. And the water was fairly warm too. I was really surprised. So fun! 

Tuesday was exchange number one. I stayed in my area with another Taiwanese sister, Sis. Liu (same as my companion =] ). We had a good time! We both learned a lot about how to be better senior companions and how to become better teachers. It was super awesome! We also had an awesome lesson with our investigator, Chen JM. She is doing really well! She is willing to live the word of wisdom, now we are just helping her do it! We really hope she can get baptized on January 25th!

Wednesday we had a fantastic lesson with another investigator named Chen JM. We also taught her the word of wisdom, and while she knows it will be hard, she is totally willing to keep it. We are hoping this week we can give her a baptismal goal! She is so ready to be baptized! We also met with a recent convert this day who has been struggling with her testimony a bit. We talked about how we could help her, and what things would help her strengthen her testimony. I hope she is willing to let us help her!

Thursday my poor companion was sick, but she is a little trooper! She pushed through and we still had 6 lessons that day! We have such awesome recent converts. We meet with a lot of them on Thursdays, so Thursdays is one of my favorite days =] 

Friday we had another exchange, zone scramble! This was just our zone, and all the companionships exchanged. I stayed in my area and my MTC companion, Sis. Walbrecht, got to come back to her old area and we got to be companions again for a day! It was so much fun! We talked about how much we've changed and how our missions have changed us and it was just super great. We had a scary experience with an investigator who is now no longer an investigator, but other than that, it was all really good. 

Saturday was ok, but we were stood up quite a bit. But we did have a good lesson with a new investigator. She is a mom of two little girls and we are hoping we can help her learn and grow in the gospel! 

Then Sunday! Our investigator Chen JM came to church, and so did our less-active, Cai JM, who is deaf! I was so happy to see Cai JM. We had texted her the day before to check that she was coming, but she never responded back to us. When church started, she still wasn't there, but right after the sacrament, a member pulled me out and there was Cai JM! I was so happy! I took her over to the relief society president (because I can't read or write, so I couldn't help her understand what was going on in sacrament meeting), and she stayed for all 3 hours! I was so happy! We are trying to find someone who can sign or who is willing to learn so that we can help her have a good experience at church. 

So all in all, we have had a good week! This week I've been reading the "Teachings of the Prophets: Joseph Smith" book because often in the Gospel Principles book, the reference are from this book, and I am loving learning more about the Prophet Joseph Smith. He was such an incredible man! Today I read a quote that he had written in a letter to someone, and it really struck me. He said, "The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done." I have heard this before (at the end of one of my CD's about missionary work) and didn't realize Joseph Smith had said this. When I read it this morning, I was like, wow, this truly is the Lord's work, and nothing, NOTHING is going to stop it. And what is even cooler is I am a part of this work! I am the Lord's servant here in Taiwan. I know sometimes I forget this, but after I read this this morning, I don't want to forget anymore. The work will go forward, with or without me, and right now I have the special opportunity to be fully dedicated to the work, and I don't want to let other things get in the way. Life will go on after my mission, but right now, I've promised to the Lord to be His servant. So neat! So yeah! I love being a missionary!

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe week! I love you all! Thank you all for your love and support! I feel it every day!

Pictures: 
271: Me on the beach

















208: This is where I am serving my mission! It is so beautiful!


233: My companion and I in the ocean!


No comments:

Post a Comment