Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Week 2 in the MTC

Hello everyone!!!
Well I made it through week two in the MTC and it was definitely better than week one! Not that week one wasn't great or anything, but week two definitely went faster, and I think we've finally found a rhythm here at the MTC which is super awesome!
 
So first, I will be singing in the Saturday Afternoon session of General Conference! I don't know where I'll be standing yet, but I'll be wearing a pink/lavender colored short sleeve shirt with ruffles on the front, so look for me!!
 
Second, thank you, thank you, thank you for all of you who have written or Dear Elder'd me!! You don't know how much that means to me!! I absolutely loved getting all the mail last week =]]]
 
My sister wanted to know my daily schedule so here is roughly how most days of the week go.
6:30 - Wak up
7:20 - Breakfast
7:50 - Class
10:50 - Personal Study
11:50 - Lunch
12:35 - Class
3:35 - Language study
4:50 - Dinner
5:35 - TALL (computer language learning)
 
That is generally how mornings go. Sometimes we have workshops and gym in the morning, so we have class at 12:35 and 5:35. Sometimes we have class at 7:50 and then gym and other things in teh afternoon, then class again at 5:35. Sometimes its as written, with devotionals in the evening. It just kind of depends, but we always have meals at those times, and we always have class twice a day (3 hours each).
 
Some more fun things from this week!! We have a time each day, or every few days, where we study whats called the FUndamentals of being a missionary. I love this time because we get to discuss the scriptures with our companions and district. The older generation of Chinese speaking missionaries leave next Tuesday (so sad, I'm going to miss them!!!) which means we will be the "old" generation. So I was called as the new relief society coordinating sister. This means I get to do orientation for the new sisters in our branch when they come, and I approve splits for the sisters and get to go to a meeting on Sunday morning to let the Branch President know how the sisters are doing =] So fun! I also just want to say how much I love singing in the MTC! We've had choir practice every morning at 7 AM, which means we've been having sack breakfasts because we have to go straight to class afterwards, but I've loved getting up in the morning to go sing! It is so much fun and I can't wait till Saturday!!! I also love how our district sings like 15 times a day (we have a super musically talented district, I love it!).
 
So, Chinese. Since that is the language I'm speaking =] My district has all had Chinese experience, which has been awesome because we've been able to really hit the ground running. I have given 7 discussions in Chinese (though thanks to the help of my companions, they went much better =] ). I can pray, bear my testimony, invite people to make commitments, explain a lot about the restoration and the Atonement and about how God loves us (basically all of Lesson 1...we haven't taught past that, so I haven't learned vocab past that), all in Chinese. The gift of tongues is so amazing and I'm so grateful to have it! It seriously is so amazing how much Chinese I've learned in the past two weeks, though I know I could have learned more. We recently learned about making language learning plans, so I made mine and now I need to follow it. Our district is ok at SYL'ing it (speaking your language). They want us to always be speaking our language. We are doing better at it, but I know that we can do so much better, so I"ve really been trying to only SYL. Chinese is amazing and I'm so grateful to be learning it!!!
 
I also had to get a shot this past week. That was fun =]
 
This morning, we had choir, so we weren't able to go to the temple at our normal 6:20 am, so we went at 9 and just did sealings. I had never done them before and that was such an amazing experience! My mom has this block that says: "Missionary, noun, someone who leaves their family for a short period of time so others can be with theirs for eternity". I was thinking about that while doing sealings because that is really what I do as a missionary; I share the gospel with others so they can come unto Christ, and through Christ, be with their families forever. It was just a super great experience, and we can't wait to do sealings again! It was also neat because a majority of the names we were doing were family names of a man who was there, so that made it even more special! I just love the temple =]
 
Well, I think thats probably about it for this week! I can't really think of much else!
I did want to share a scripture that I found while studying about peace this week. Actually, if I had all the time in the world, there are so many things I'd want to share, but since I don't, I'll stick to one =]
It is 2 Nephi 4:27 and it talks about why would we want to give into Satan and allow him to tempt us, because if he does, then he takes away from us the peace that we can have in our lives. I was thinking about that, and it really made me want to be a better missionary, who does all I can to follow the rules, and do nothing to allow Satan to take me away from my purpose, which is to invite others to come unto Christ. The time I'm using is the Lord's time, not mine, and I don't want to waste a minute of it, because when I do, then I know I'm not able to have the Spirit with me, therefore, allowing Satan to take away my peace, and I like my peace, thank you very much =]
 
Anyway, I'd like to invite you all to read 2 Nephi 4:27 and think about what it says, and strive to do all you can to keep Satan from taking away the peace in your life.
I'd also like to invite you all to watch all 4 (or 5 for the men) sessions of General Conference on Saturday and Sunday. Or at least Saturday Afternoon =] I know that we will be hearing from a prophet of God, his counselors and his apostles. I know they are men of God and I am so excited to hear what they have to say to us, and what counsel they have for us, so that we can come closer to Christ and better learn how to follow his example!
 
Thank you all again for all your love, support, prayers and letters! I feel it and I am so grateful to be blessed with such wonderful friends and family members!
 
Don't forget to Dear Elder (www.dearelder.com) me or write me!!! For Dear Elder, just click on write a missionary in the Provo MTC.
 
My addresses is:
Sister Andrea Joy Busath
MTC Mailbox #107
TAIW-TCG 0517
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604
 
Love you all!
 
-Sister Busath

No comments:

Post a Comment