Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Week 8 in the MTC

你好!
I can't believe I've been in the MTC a whole 8 weeks!! In a week from Thursday, on May 17th, I leave for Taiwan!!!
 
The most exciting thing that happened this week was we got our travel plans! We report to the travel office at 5 AM next Thursday, fly from SLC to Detroit (?!?!) and then from Detroit to Taiwan...We aren't sure why we are flying through Detroit...If my elders calculated it correctly, it is about a 17 hour flight from Detroit to Taiwan...lots of time to talk to the person sitting next to me right =]
 
Another exciting thing: Our "investigator" got "baptized"! While it wasn't a real baptism or anything, it was still amazing! We met with Wei4 Di4 Xiong1 on Monday after his baptism, and he was so excited that he got the gift of the Holy Ghost. He told us all about why he loved it. We also talked about temples, and he loved that as well and really wants to go to the temple and have his grandmother be baptized. So that was great. He also has a friend that wants to meet with us as well, so we will be meeting him tomorrow and hopefully will begin teaching him as well!
 
Our other investigator, 張姐妹 (Zhang1 Jie3 Mei4) is getting baptized this Saturday, so that is exciting too!
 
We went to the temple today and did family names for a Chinese sister here in the MTC. She is from mainland China and it was so cool to be able to help her and do family names for her! Such a great experience! The people lived back in the 1500's and 1600's. It was just such an incredible experience to be able to do temple work for people from Mainland China. Loved it!
 
So I said that I got travel plans, and so did the rest of my district, but it doesn't look like my companion, Sister Taylor, will be going with us, as she doesn't have her visa yet. We are praying that it will come before we leave, and that a miracle will happen and they will be able to get a plan ticket, but if not, she will be reassigned to another place until her visa comes. She is excited either way. She is so amazing and I just love being companions with her!
 
Tomorrow, our district is going to be interviewed by Public Radio International, a part of NPR, for their program, The World! They got in contact with the MTC and the MTC told them that Mandarin was the language to do, but why they picked our district, I have no idea, but we are so excited! My companion and another sister in our district were chosen to be the "spokes-companionship" even though they aren't companions, but there is still a chance that we will all get talked to. I'll let you all know how it goes next week.
 
Well, I don't feel like there is much more to share. I think it was a bit of a slow week. Next Tuesday will be my last preparation day, and the last day I'll be able to get mail, packages or Dear Elders will be next Wednesday, May 16, so just a heads up =]
 
Before I go, I wanted to share two scriptures. The first is Alma 26: 12 about humility. I've come to realize how important humility is, and how much we benefit from being humble. The second was shared with me by an elder who was practicing his english. It is Ether 12:27 and talks about how through the Lord, he will make weak things become strong. I know this is true. I look at how much the Lord has done for me in my life, and how the things I struggle with have been improved upon through my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that as we are humble and we look towards Heavenly Father for help, and as we use our Savior's Atonement, they will help us to overcome any and all trials that we face. I would invite you all to read these two scriptures and to think on things you may be struggling with. I invite you to pray to the Lord for help in overcoming them, and I know he will help you. He loves you, he loves us all, and he wants us to be happy in this life.
 
I love you all and am so grateful for your love and support for me! I love being a missionary and I can't wait to get to Taiwan and to be able to share this marvelous gospel with the Taiwanese people!!!
 
-Sis. Busath 彭姐妹
 
For one more week my address is:
MTC Box 107
Taiw-TCG 0517
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604
 
 
Once I'm in Taiwan, you won't be able to dear elder me for free, it will cost money. So no worries, you don't have to dear elder me after I'm in Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment